13 Myths About Working With a Financial Advisor
Note: this podcast episode can also be read as an article: 13 Myths About Working With a Financial Advisor [blog].
Let's talk about the myths surrounding financial advisors and get the real story.
- I have to have a lot of money to work with a financial advisor.
- A financial advisor will make me feel dumb.
- A financial advisor will just tell me to stop spending money so I will have to just wait until retirement to do what I want to do.
- A financial advisor will put all my money in stocks and that sounds scary and risky.
- I need someone local to me and I’ll have to drive to their office all the time to meet.
- I will feel embarrassed about my money habits.
- It will cost too much in fees.
- I’ll have to hand my money over to someone and I don’t want to do that.
- A financial advisor will just try to sell me products to make a commission.
- My life is so simple, I don’t need a financial advisor.
- All financial advisors do is tell me how to invest my money.
- I don’t need a financial advisor because I can do it all myself.
- I hate math and numbers and working with a financial advisor will be so boring and it sounds terrible.
Intro/outtro music credit: eccentric - I Can Show You [Argofox Release] by Argofox