E64: The Future of Financial Advice (with Tyrone Ross)
Jul 22, 2020
Tyrone Ross, Director of Community at Altruist, joins the podcast for an incredible conversation about the changing landscape of the financial industry, how technology is making it easier to get financial advice, what's broken about the industry, and how Altruist is leveling the playing field.Listen to "E64: The Future of Financial Advice (with Tyrone Ross)" on Spreaker.
The Future of Financial Advice (with Tyrone Ross)
Guest: Tyrone Ross, Director of Community at Altruist
Bio: Tyrone is a financial consultant, early-stage start-up advisor, entrepreneur, and athlete. His journey as a first-generation high school graduate to business owner has provided valuable business and life lessons. Tyrone graduated from Seton Hall University and was also a 2004 Olympic Trials qualifier in track and field in the 400 meters. He was recognized by Investment News 40 under 40 (2019), and WealthManagement.com as a top ten advisor set to change the industry in 2019. Financial Planning.com named Tyrone as one of 20 people who will change wealth management in 2020. He currently serves as Director of Community at Altruist as well as the host of The Human Advisor podcast.
- What drew you to the financial industry? Tell me about your work at Altruist
- What do you learn from the question: “what’s your earliest memory of money?”
- In your opinion, what is broken about the financial services industry?
- What does the future of financial advice look like? How is the modern financial advisor different than the traditional stereotype?
- Let’s talk about Altruist
- Closing question: what does “wealth” mean to you?
Intro/outtro music credit: eccentric - I Can Show You [Argofox Release] by Argofox